Who can use this feature?
With e-signatures, you can easily sign documents from anywhere, at any time, on any device all within the security of Qwil. There is no additional application, it all happens within the same chat.
Qwil Sign uses encryption and authentication measures to ensure that every signature is authentic, legal and includes a certificate upon completion to provide a full audit trail for an extra layer of security.
What to expect?
- You will receive a signature request within a chat thread, like any other message with document to preview and sign.
- In most cases, the requestor will have prepared the PDF with Qwil Sign anchors (fields) indicating where to sign, like any other e-signature application you are familiar with. Learn more.
- If there are no specified fields to sign on the PDF, a new signature page will be appended to the PDF file.
- To sign a document, first preview the document (you can also download it) and then click Sign.
- You will also need to agree that you understand that your e-signature is a legal representation of your signature. With Qwil, we don't rely on just giving you the choice of cursive fonts which will be used to represent your "real" signature, all e-signatures are authenticated by unique identifiers in additional to every user being already verified on the platform!
- Once you sign, all parties will receive a new message with the completed document to view and download. All within the same chat thread.
- You can also decline to sign a document. You will need to provide a reason for declining.
- Butler notifications will be send daily to remind signers and requestors of the pending signature request. (email reminders will be released in Q3 2023).
Sign a document:
- On the signature request click on Sign.
- A modal will open. Click to preview or download document. If a templated PDF has been used with Qwil Sign anchors, you will see where your signature or initials will be added. If a normal PDF was sent, a signature page will be added to the end. Both ways are legal e-signatures.
Check the box and click on Sign.
- A new message will be sent to the chat with the signed document for you to download
A certificate page will be added to the end of the document as well as the Qwil Signature Request ID on all pages.
Certificate page (upon completion at the end of the PDF)
Signature page (for non templated PDF requests)
- On the signature request tap on Sign.
- Click on the PDF to view or download.
- Tap on Sign and an action sheet will open asking you to agree and Sign.
- A new message will be sent to the chat with the completed signed document including a certificate page.
Decline to sign a document:
- On the signature request click on Decline to sign
- A modal will open. You will need to provide a reason for declining.
- Type your reason and click Decline.
- A message will be sent informing the requester you declined to sign the document along with your reason. Once you decline to sign a document you will no longer be able to sign in.
Our help centre contains hundreds of articles and guides so that you can make the most of the platform. Below are a few extra links if you are interested in learning more.