Who can use this feature?
When you first activate your tenancy in Qwil Messenger, we may ask you in the header to verify your business. This process helps us confirm that your account belongs to a legitimate business or organisation and that everyone is who they say they are!
You'll need to be the first admin of the Qwil Messenger account to verify your business. It should only take a minute to submit the form. You will be asked for your name, email and company name as used for your Qwil Account as well as 2 documents!
NOTE: YOU WILL BE ABLE TO INVITE CLIENTS BUT WILL SHOW AS PENDING DRAFT UNTIL YOU ARE VERIFIED. ONCE VERIFIED, YOU CAN SEND THE INVITATIONS. WE RECOMMEND YOU VERIFY YOUR BUSINESS FIRST.
Business verification helps ensure that:
- You're an authorised representative of your business. You’ll need to be able to confirm ownership of the email and domain (screen shot or domain certificate). If you are a freelancer for example and do not have a domain, your identity can be used for verification.
- Your business is a legal entity. You'll need to have your business registered with the local authorities and submit one document (articles of incorporate for example).
When business verification is complete and successful, your account will be updated and the warning bar will be removed for all users.
Verification usually takes three to five business days. If more than five days have passed, you can contact our help centre for help.
Complete the form now but clicking the following link
What is verified and what is required?
This section describes the types of verification, what is verified, and suggestions for meeting verification requirements.
1. Verify your employment & domain ownership
Employment verification confirms that your primary contact is an employee of the enrolling company and that the domain entered in the registration form belongs to the enrolling company.
- Don't use a personal email address. You must use an email address associated with a company domain, such as <alias>@mycompany.com.
- The company's public website has the same domain that was entered in the registration form.
Select one of the following:
- If the domain of the registered email is the same as the public domain, simply submit a screenshot of the website showing the name, address, contact information, and domain of the organization.
or If the domain of the registered email isn't the same as the employer's public domain, you must provide documentation confirming your email domain is under the ownership of your employer by providing the certificate of domain ownership records, such as whois.
- If you don’t have a company domain address (for example using firstname.lastname@example.org as your work email), you can send us one government ID.
Anything that you send us should contain either:
- Your name and date of birth, or
- Your name and a photo.
Some examples of government IDs that we accept include:
- Driving license
- National identity card
To help ensure that IDs used for identity confirmation are real, we use both manual review and automated systems. We may also partner with trusted service providers to confirm your identity. This helps detect and prevent risks such as impersonation or ID theft, keeping you, your clients and the Qwil Messenger platform safe.
2. Verify your Business
Business verification confirms that the enrolling company is a legitimate business entity.
Submit one of the following documents for business verification:
- Formation documents, such as articles of incorporation, or partnership deed.
- Government issued letter, license, business registration, or tax registration certificate.
- External company databases, such as Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS ID) or state registry.
- Letter or statement from a financial institution or a utility company.
- Record on a Government registry website. The site/link must be displayed.
- Stock exchange filings or tax filing records.
Qwil uses these documents to verify that the company is authorised to do business under that name. Qwil is a business only communication platform.
Checking your verification status
You can check verification status by contacting our support team
There are three verification phases:
- Authorized/Accepted: The information you submitted was verified, and the Warning bar in your tenancy will be removed automatically. No further action is required.
- Pending: The verification process has started but isn't complete. If you've completed the email verification step, no further action is required on your part. Verification usually takes three to five business days.
- Action Required/Rejected: The information you submitted couldn't be verified. Submit the form with the required information.
To start your business verification process, just click START VERIFICATION
Our help centre contains hundreds of articles and guides so that you can make the most of the platform. Below are a few extra links if you are interested in learning more.