Who can use this feature?
System & User administrators only
Qwil Messenger enables users to interact with our app user interface to integrate and automate the use of the channel via URL deep links.
Essentially, a user can navigate to a specific part or function of the app via a properly constructed URL. Currently, we support the following deep link URL actions for admins:
- Pre-fill a client or staff invitation
- Search in data reviewer
- You can see other deep link URL actions here: Deep Linking Integration for Qwil users
Note: This is a web-only feature.
Security and Usage Considerations:
To use a deep link successfully, the following considerations apply.
- The browser session launched using the URL shortcut is responsible for managing the authentication and permission level access of the user to perform the actions associated with the URL deep link.
- If a user has remembered their credentials via a browser cookie, the user following a deep link will not have to enter any security credentials and the action of the URL link will be performed seamlessly when the link is followed from another application.
- If authentication is required, the link will still work after the details have been entered.
- If a user has authentication access to the app but not the permission levels required to follow the link, then an error in the application itself will be displayed to the user that attempts to follow the link.
How to pre-fill an invitation using deep links:
Specific parameters can be used to construct a deep link to pre-fill an invitation. All fields are optional. When you follow a deep link to fill an invitation, fields will be pre-populated in the invitation modal for you to review them before sending out the invitation.
Here is a list of the parameters that can be used to construct a deep link to pre-fill an invitation:
To pre-fill an invitation, a URL needs to be constructed that complies with the following parameters and formatting conventions. All values are optional:
Create a client invitation for Beatrice Wilhelm using her email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create a client invitation for Beatrice Wilhelm using her email email@example.com and identifier C-3509.
Create a staff invitation for Jeremy Sanders using his email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number +447788998877 and job title Relationship manage
How to use deep links with data reviewer:
Specific parameters can be used to construct a deep link to find conversations in data reviewer. You must have data reviewer permission to access the functionality via a deep link. According to your permission level, certain fields may be mandatory.
- For level 1 & 2 you must provide at least one participant or one chat uuid.
- For level 3 all fields are optional.
When you follow a deep link with data reviewer search parameters, the data reviewer page will be loaded with your filtering fields populated.
To search in data reviewer, a URL needs to be constructed that complies with the following parameters and formatting conventions.
Find a chat with Beatrice Wilhem (UUID 003903f1-0150-4874-ab36-f5d37f1e6411) as participant and Chris Donaldson (UUID 00390ef6-e0a2-4921-95a8-321d96c92dd8) as a sender
Find a chat with Beatrice Wilhem (email email@example.com) and filter by attachments only