Who can use this feature?
With e-signatures in Qwil, staff can easily send requests and get documents signed within a Qwil chat and now also by email from your desktop. There is no need for additional application other than your browser on desktop or even being invited on Qwil to sign!
Qwil Sign uses encryption and authentication measures to ensure that every signature is authentic, legal and includes a certificate upon completion to provide a full audit trail for an extra layer of security. Full the maximum amount of security, signing within Qwil is recommended as all users are verified.
What to expect?
- You will receive a signature request by email with a document to preview and sign.
- Due to the minimum screen size, opening the link on desktop browser is required (mobile is too small)
- In most cases, the requestor will have prepared the PDF with fields indicating where to sign, like any other e-signature application you are familiar with.
- If there are no specified fields to sign on the PDF, a new signature page will be appended to the PDF file.
- To sign a document, first preview the document (you can also download it) and then click Sign.
- You will also need to agree that you understand that your e-signature is a legal representation of your signature. You have a choice of cursive fonts or your own signature.
- Once you sign, all parties will receive a new message either on Qwil with the completed document to view and download. All within the same chat thread.
- You can also decline to sign a document. You will need to provide a reason for declining.
- Butler notifications will be sent daily to remind signers (via email) and requestors (via Butler chat) of the pending signature request.
Sign a document:
- On the signature request you received by email click on Review document. A browser window will open.
- A preview will open. You will see where your signature or initials will be added if specified by the requestor. If no fields appear, a signature page will be added to the end of the document. Both ways are legal e-signatures.
- Click on Sign document. A modal will open. You can change your signature font, draw or upload your signature by clicking on Change style.
- A new message will be sent via email with the signed document for you to preview or download.
A certificate page will be added to the end of the document as well as the Qwil Signature Request ID on all pages.
Guest signing via email is not available on mobile. Signing a document via mobile is only available when the request has been sent via a chat thread and all users are active in Qwil.
Open the email request on your desktop browser to sign as per instructions above.
Decline to sign a document:
- On the signature request click on Decline to sign
- A preview will open. Click on Decline to sign.
- A modal will open. You will need to provide a reason for declining.
- Type your reason and click Decline.
- A message will be sent informing the requester you declined to sign the document along with your reason. Once you decline to sign a document you will no longer be able to sign it.
Our help centre contains hundreds of articles and guides so that you can make the most of the platform. Below are a few extra links if you are interested in learning more.