Who can use this feature?
If you have lost your account phone number used to receive SMS verification codes, you can change your number from the sign-in process.
To change your account phone number from sign in you will need:
- Your Qwil ID or username.
- Your password.
- Your recovery code.
- Your new number to receive a verification code.
To change your account phone number:
- From the sign-in screen enter your Qwil ID or username and password.
- In the 2-step verification screen click on I want to reset my phone number.
- Enter your Username or Qwil ID, Password, Recovery Code and New number.
Note: Make sure you add your country code (i.e. +44) The flag icon will display your country to confirm you have entered your number correctly. Do not manually change the flag icon as this will save an incorrect number.
- You will receive an SMS code to your New number.
- Enter the SMS code and click Submit.
- You will receive an email to confirm the update.
Note: You can also change your account number from your account settings. See Change my account phone number but you will require the original mobile number to do so.
What if I don't have the mobile number or recovery code?
Qwil is a banking grade app relying on email and mobile number to ensure your identity.
The organisation administrator will need to request a mobile number change to email@example.com including the Qwil ID, old mobile number and new mobile number.