You can change the phone number that is used as two-factor security(2FA) to receive SMS codes.
To change your 2FA phone number you will need:
- Your password.
- Your 2FA phone number to receive a 6 digit authentication code.
- Your new number to receive a verification code.
To change your Qwil email:
- Navigate to your account settings menu .
- Under authentication click on Phone number.
- Enter your password.
- You will receive an SMS code to your registered phone number.
- Enter the SMS code and click Verify.
- Enter your new security phone number.
- Enter the SMS verification code sent to the new number.
- Click submit.
- You will receive an email to confirm the update.
You can only change your 2FA phone number through a web browser.
Note: Changing this phone number will not change any of the phone numbers linked to a specific organisation. See Understanding emails and phone numbers.
If you have lost your 2FA phone number see I lost my 2FA device.