You can change the phone number that is used as two-factor security (2FA) to receive SMS codes.
Tip: We recommend that your 2FA phone number is a personal one - one which you will have access to at all times. If your 2FA is linked to your work number we suggest you change it to your personal one.
To change your 2FA phone number you will need:
- Your password.
- Your 2FA phone number to receive a 6 digit authentication code.
- Your new number to receive a verification code.
To change your Qwil phone number:
- Navigate to your account settings menu.
- Under authentication click on Phone number.
- Enter your password.
- You will receive an SMS code to your registered phone number.
- Enter the SMS code and click Verify.
- Enter your new security phone number.
Note: Make sure you add your country code (i.e. +44) The flag icon will display your country to confirm you have entered your number correctly. Do not manually change the flag icon as this will save an incorrect number.
- Enter the SMS verification code sent to the new number.
- Click submit.
- You will receive an email to confirm the update.
You can only change your 2FA phone number through a web browser.
Note: Changing this phone number will not change any of the phone numbers linked to a specific organisation. See Understanding emails and phone numbers.
If you have lost your 2FA phone number see I lost my 2FA device.