Who can use this feature?
Your account phone number is used for 2-step verification to receive SMS codes and it is linked to your Qwil account. You can change this phone number from your account settings.
It is important to note that changing your account phone number will not change any phone numbers linked to a specific organisation membership, and will not change the phone numbers displayed on your contact profile on any given organisation. See understanding emails and phone numbers.
Tip: We recommend that your account phone number is a personal one - one which you will have access to at all times. If your account phone number is linked to your work number we suggest you change it to your personal one.
To change your account phone number you will need:
- Your password.
- Your account phone number to receive a 6 digit authentication code.
- Your new number to receive a verification code.
To change your account phone number:
- Click on your profile.
- Navigate to account & settings.
- Under Details click on Change phone number.
- Enter your password.
- You will receive an SMS code to your account phone number.
- Enter the SMS code and click Verify.
- Enter your new account phone number.
Note: Make sure you add your country code (i.e. +44) The flag icon will display your country to confirm you have entered your number correctly. Do not manually change the flag icon as this will save an incorrect number.
- Enter the SMS verification code sent to the new number.
- Click submit.
- You will receive an email to confirm the update.
Note:You can only change your account phone number through a web browser or the Qwil Desktop App.
If you have lost your account phone number see I lost my account phone number.