A recovery code is a temporary two-factor layer of security used to change your account phone number from the sign in page. You can generate a recovery code from your account settings. It is advised that you generate a recovery code when you sign up to Qwil Messenger and keep this in a safe place.
To generate a code you will need:
- Your password.
- Your account phone number to receive a 6 digit authentication code.
Generate a recovery code:
- Sign in to Qwil.
- Click on your avatar in the top-right.
- Navigate to account & settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on Change recovery code.
- Enter your password and click Submit.
- You will receive an SMS code to your account phone number.
- Enter the SMS code and click Submit.
- Your recovery code will be generated.
You should keep your recovery code stored in a safe place. You will not be able to view your recovery code again, but you can generate a new one.
Note: You can only generate a recovery code through a web browser or the Qwil Desktop App.
Note: A recovery code can only be used once. Be sure to generate a new one after using it.