If you were invited to chat on Qwil Messenger by multiple organisations you may have more than one Qwil account. If you have multiple Qwil accounts these can be combined into a single account.
First, you need to identify your primary and secondary accounts:
- Primary account: The main account which will remain active.
- Secondary account: The account you wish to merge into the primary account.
The account from which you begin the merging process will become your primary account. Once the merge has been completed your secondary account will become inactive, and all your active sessions will be closed. All your existing chats and contacts will be migrated into your primary account.
Note: This action cannot be undone.You can only merge your accounts through a web browser or the Qwil Desktop App.
To merge your Qwil accounts:
- Sign in to your primary account and click on your avatar in the top right.
- Navigate to account & settings.
- Click on Merge accounts in the Advanced tab.
- Provide the Qwil ID and password of your secondary account.
- You will receive an SMS code to your registered phone number.
- Enter the SMS code and click Next.
- To confirm your merge click Merge my accounts.
- You will receive two emails:
- To confirm the merge was successful.
- To inform you your secondary account has been deactivated.