Qwil Messenger is an invitation-only platform so you can’t self-register to use the app. This is done to ensure that everyone’s identity is trusted and verified (i.e. that you are who you say you are).
Once you’ve been invited to join an organisation, you’ll need to accept the invitation and set up your Qwil account.
Important note: Internet Explorer is not supported. You must use a modern browser to accept your invitation. Here is a list of our supported browsers.
To accept an invitation as a new Qwil user:
- Check your inbox for an email invitation from Qwil Messenger. Make sure you click on the latest email.
- Click Accept invitation.
- Click on Create a new account.
- You will receive an SMS code to your registered phone number.
- Enter the SMS code and click Verify.
- Create a password. See password requirements.
- You will be assigned a Qwil ID (write this number down, you will need it to sign in). Once you sign in to your account you can create a username which will also allow you to sign in to your account.
If you already have a Qwil Messenger account and you have received an invitation from another organisation see Accept an invitation as an existing Qwil user.
Note: You will receive a daily email invitation reminder for 30 days with a new link to accept it. Only the lastest invitation link will be valid, even if there are multiple unexpired invitations that have been sent to you. Make sure you click on your most recent email invitation and check your Spam folder if you cannot see any new invitations in your normal inbox.
IMPORTANT: Once you have signed in to Qwil, we strongly advise that you generate a recovery code and keep it in a safe place. A recovery code can be used to sign in to your account should you lose access to your registered phone number.