Who can use this feature?
System & User administrators only
Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Books that are used to connect users to each other. In essence, you are the one creating the address book for every user in the organisation so that clients and staff know who they can start a chat with.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact books and clients.
A Contact Book is a collection of users that enables visibility to each other via their contact lists. Both staff and clients can belong to many contact books. In practice you will create at least one contact book per client relationship. Just like your coverage model, not all staff see all clients and not all clients can contact all staff. This is key for privacy.
Who can create contact books?
You need to be a "user admin" to do so (Understand roles and permissions) and have the administration tab in your browse side menu.
What to expect?
- You can create contact books for staff and for client relationships. Only requires a name and you can include staff and clients.
- When you invite a client, a new contact book will be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this contact book's members or add the client to an existing contact book.
- Contact books can be updated at any time with new staff and clients added/removed or invited according to your business.
- Staff are not required to be in a contact book when first invited as they can search the directory. Staff can only see a client contact if they are in a contact book with them to ensure privacy at all times.
- For Clients, a contact book per client or relationship has to be set up with at least one active staff user in it. This means that the staff user must have accepted their invitation before you can invite a client.
What is next?
Start setting up.
You are now ready for creating your contact books and inviting clients. Because of the way Qwil Messenger replicates your client relationships, you need to follow a specific order when adding contact books and users: