Who can use this feature?
Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Groups that are used to connect users to each other. In essence, you are the one creating the address book for every user in the organisation so that clients and staff know who they can start a chat with.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact groups and clients.
A Contact Group is a collection of users that enables visibility to each other via their contact lists. Both staff and clients can belong to many groups. In practice you will create at least one contact group per client relationship. Just like your coverage model, not all staff see all clients and not all clients can contact all staff. This is key for privacy.
Who can create contact groups?
You need to be a "user admin" to do so (Understand roles and permissions) and have the administration tab in your browse side menu.
What to expect?
- You can create contact groups for staff and for client relationships. Only requires a name and you can include staff and clients.
- When you invite a client, a new group will be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this group's members or add the client to an existing group.
- Contact groups can be updated at any time with new staff and clients added/removed or invited according to your business.
- Staff are not required to be in a contact group when first invited as they can search the directory but we recommend an All Staff group or per department. This is like having a frequent contact list. Staff can only see a client contact if they are in a contact group with them to ensure privacy at all times.
- For Clients, a contact group per client or relationship has to be set up with at least one active staff user in it. This means that the staff user must have accepted their invitation before you can invite a client.
What is next?
Start setting up.
You are now ready for creating your contact groups and inviting clients. Because of the way Qwil Messenger replicates your client relationships, you need to follow a specific order when adding groups and users: