Who can use this feature?
System & User administrators only
Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Books that are used to connect users to each other. You are the one creating a user's address book so that your clients know who they can start a chat with.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact books, and clients.
Client users are the external users that you invite to use the system. As opposed to staff that can search for other staff, Client users can only see contacts you have defined in their contact book. This is why a contact book always has to be set up while your are inviting a client.
Who can invite clients?
You need to be an admin to do so (Understand roles and permissions) and have the administration tab in your browser side menu.
What to expect?
- A contact book per client or relationship has to be set up with at least one active Staff user in it. This means that the staff user must have accepted their invitation before you can invite a client.
- Once you've entered the details for the client member (you only need the name, email, and mobile number) they will be receiving an email invite on a daily basis until accepted. Details on how to check the status and amend details here.
- Once an invitation is accepted, the client member will see the staff members and other members in the Contact book. The Staff covering the client will also receive a notification through the Butler.
To invite a client:
A client must belong to a contact book where there is at least one active staff user, otherwise, you will not be able to complete the client invitation. When you invite a client, a new contact book will be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this contact book's members or add the client to an existing contact book.
Note: Only staff users that share a contact book with a client will be able to see each other in their contact lists and start a chat.
- As an admin user, navigate to the administration menu and click on Clients.
- Click on the Invite a client button.
- Fill in the form. A new contact book will be created that includes you and your invitee. This means you will be able to contact each other. If you wish to edit this contact book's name or members, see below.
- Click Send Invitation.
- Your invitation will be sent.
- Once the client accepts their invitation, the staff users that share a contact book with them will be able to start chatting.
Manage contact books during invitation:
When you invite a client, a new contact book will be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this contact book's members or add the client to an existing contact book.
Edit the new contact book:
- Fill in the new client form.
- If you wish to edit the new contact book that will be created click on edit under contact books.
- You can change the contact book name and its members. Remember, there must be at least one active Staff user in the contact book. Make any changes and click Save.
- You will be redirected to the client invitation form. Click Send invitation.
Add the client to an existing contact book instead:
- Fill in the new client form.
- If you wish to add the client to an existing contact book instead of creating a new one, click on Select existing under Contact books.
- Select which contact books you wish to add the client to.
Note: You can review all your pending invitations by using the filter on your client list.