Who can use this feature?
Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Groups that are used to connect users to each other. You are the one creating the contact book on the phone so that your clients know who they can start a chat with.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact groups and clients.
Client users are the external users that you invite to use the system to be provided services from you. As opposed to staff that can search for other staff, Client users can only see contacts you have defined in their contact group. This is why a contact group always has to be set up first and a staff included before an invitation is sent.
Who can invite clients?
You need to be a "staff admin" to do so (Understand roles and permissions) and have the administration tab in your browser side menu.
What to expect?
- A contact group per client or relationship has to be set up with at least one active Staff user in it. This means that the staff user must have accepted their invitation before you can invite a client.
- Once you've entered the details for the client member (you only need the name, email, mobile number and the contact group name) they will be receiving an email invite on a daily basis until accepted. Details on how to check the status and amend details here.
- Once an invitation is accepted, the client member will see the staff members and other members in the Contact Group. The Staff covering the client will also receive a notification through the Butler.
To invite a client:
A client must belong to a group where there is at least one active staff user, otherwise, you will not be able to complete the client invitation.
Note: Only staff users that share a group with a client will be able to see each other in their contact lists and start a chat.
Create a contact group for the client:
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu.
- Click on Contact groups.
- On the top right-hand side click on Create group.
- Fill in the form. You only need to add a group name (e.g. Client relationship name). The identifier and description values are optional.
- Your contact group will be created.
- Add a staff user to the group by clicking on the add members button on the right-hand side. (this staff will become a contact of the client you will invite next).
Invite a client:
- As an admin user, navigate to the administration menu and click on Clients.
- Click on the Invite a client button.
- Fill in the form. Remember to add the new client to the group you just created where there is at least one active staff user.
- Click Create.
- Your invitation will be sent.
- Once the client accepts their invitation, the staff users that share a group with them will be able to start chatting.
Tip: You can review all your pending invitations by using the filter on your client list.