To sign in to Qwil Messenger you need to provide a code for security purposes as part of our 2-step verification. If you are already signed in on a mobile device you can receive a code via SMS or via the Qwil app. If you are not signed in on a mobile device you can only receive a code via SMS.
If you are having trouble receiving an SMS code try one of the following:
- Make sure you have network on your mobile device.
- Wait a couple of minutes. Sometimes SMS codes take a few minutes to arrive.
- Turn your phone off and back on again.
- If you still haven't received an SMS code, you can request another one by clicking on Resend code.
- If you still haven't received an SMS code after clicking on resend, check that your number is correct with a representative of the organisation that invited you.
Note: Usually if SMS codes are not received, this is due to a signal issue with a phone. Try restarting the phone and ask someone to text you to check your own signal.
Admin users must make sure they enter your number correctly when they invite you to the platform. If you are an admin inviting a user or if you need to provide your phone number when accepting an invitation:
- Start typing the number with the international code (e.g. +44)
- A flag will appear. Do not change the flag as this will change the international code and users will not be able to receive codes.
If you are having trouble receiving a code via the Qwil app try one of the following:
- Make sure you have network or are connected to wifi on your mobile device.
- Wait a couple of minutes. Sometimes codes take a few minutes to arrive.
- Request a new code.
- Request the code be sent via SMS.