Who can use this feature?
System & User administrators only
As an administrator, you can revoke a user's access to your organisation's Qwil services by deactivating their account.
What to expect?
When you deactivate a user:
- They will no longer have access to your organisation on Qwil, and they will not be able to see or download any data, this includes chats, attachments, contacts, etc.
- They are removed from all their chats and will appear as former participants.
- They will no longer appear in contact lists of other users.
- The email linked to the profile will remain (you can't create a new user with the same email again unless you change it on the de-activated user first to Deactivated1@XXX.com for example)
Note: After deleting a user, you can restore their account. See Restore a user
To deactivate a user:
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu.
- Click on Staff or Clients.
- Locate the user you wish to deactivate.
- On the user page, you will see More Actions on the top-right. Click on it.
- In the dropdown menu click on Delete user.
- A confirmation modal will open. Click Deactivate.
You can also deactivate a user directly from the user list by clicking on the three-button menu and selecting Deactivate user.
To see your inactive users, go to the Staff or Client menu and select Inactive in the filter options.
Things to consider:
In order to maintain your client relationships, you will not be able to deactivate a staff user if they are the only active staff member in a contact book that contains clients. If this is the case, you will need to add another staff user to the contact book and then try again.