Who can use this feature?
System & User administrators only
If you deactivated a user, you can restore their account at any time.
What to expect?
There are two ways to restore a user:
- Restore with data:
The restored user will have read-only access to all the chats they had access to when they were active.
- Restore without data:
The restored user will not be able to see any previous data from their account.*
The restored user must accept their invitation in order to restore their account.
Note: This action cannot be undone. Once you restore a user without data you will not be able to recover their data in the future.
To restore a user:
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu.
- Click on Staff or Clients.
- Search for inactive users and locate the user you wish to restore.
- On the user page, you will see a three-dot menu on the top-right. Click on it.
- In the dropdown menu click on Restore user.
- A confirmation modal will open. You must choose if you will restore the user with or without data. Remember that this action cannot be undone. Once you restore a user without data you will not be able to recover their data in the future.
- Select any groups into which place this user.
- Confirm you wish to restore the user.
- A new invitation will be sent to the user. They must accept the invitation in order to restore their account.