Who can use this feature?
You can configure preferences for message attachments, such as documents, video and sound files, images, and compressed files and archives. You can restrict the file extensions that users can upload as attachments.
Here is what you can adjust:
- Use Qwil's default blacklisted filetypes and mimetypes
If enabled, users will not be able to send filetypes included in Qwil's default list. We recommend keeping this property enabled to improve security by preventing users from uploading harmful files, such as viruses, as attachments.
- Allow password encrypted files
If disabled, users will not be able to send password protected files.
- Custom filetype whitelist
A whitelist allows you to select which filetypes can be sent as attachments. If enabled, users will only be able to send filetypes specified in your whitelist.
To adjust attachment sharing restrictions:
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll to Attachments and click on the edit button.
- A modal will open. Make any necessary changes and click submit.
- Your changes will be applied.