Who can use this feature?
System administrators only
You can configure preferences for message attachments, such as documents, video and sound files, images, and compressed files and archives. You can restrict the file extensions that users can upload as attachments.
Here is what, as a system administrator, you can adjust:
- Allow password encrypted files
If disabled, users will not be able to send password protected files.
- Use Qwil's default whitelisted filetypes and mimetypes
If enabled, users will not be able to send filetypes that are not included in Qwil's default list. We recommend keeping this property enabled to improve security by preventing users from uploading harmful files, such as viruses, as attachments.
- Custom filetype whitelist
A whitelist allows you to select which filetypes can be sent as attachments. If enabled, users will only be able to send filetypes specified in your whitelist.
To adjust attachment sharing restrictions:
- From a web browser or the Qwil Desktop App, click on the Administration tab.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the Attachments tab
- Make any necessary changes and click Save.
- Your changes will be applied.