Who can use this feature?
What happens if I change a user's role?
The role the user will adopt within your organisation will determine their access rights. See understand roles and permissions for more details. If you change a user's role this will impact what features they will be able to access.
You can change a staff user to user administrator or to system administrator and vice-versa.
To edit a user's role:
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu
- Click on Staff or Clients.
- Locate the user you wish to edit.
- On the user page, click on the edit button under Organisation Information.
- A modal will open. Select the role you wish to assign to the user, and click Save Changes.
- The user's role will be updated.
There are some restrictions to editing a user's role, notably:
- You cannot change a user's role from staff to client and vice versa. See I've invited a staff as a client (or vice versa)
- As a User administrator, you cannot edit a System administrator or change their role.
- If you are the only system administrator in an organisation you will not be able to demote yourself. If you wish to demote yourself you will have to promote another user to System administrator and try again.