If you are changing your phone number, it is very important that you make sure you update your account so that you can receive authentication codes to your new number.
To change your account phone number you will need:
- Your password.
- Your account phone number to receive a 6 digit authentication code.
- Your new number to receive a verification code.
To change your Qwil phone number:
- Click on your profile avatar in the top right corner and navigate to Account & Settings.
- Under Details click on Change Phone number.
- Enter your password.
- You will receive an SMS code to your registered phone number.
- Enter the SMS code and click Verify.
- Enter your new security phone number.
Note: Make sure you add your country code (i.e. +44) The flag icon will display your country to confirm you have entered your number correctly. Do not manually change the flag icon as this will save an incorrect number.
- Enter the SMS verification code sent to the new number.
- Click submit.
- You will receive an email to confirm the update.
You can only change your account phone number through a web browser.
Note: Changing this phone number will not change any of the phone numbers linked to a specific organisation. See Understanding emails and phone numbers.
If you have lost your account phone number see I lost my account phone number.