Who can use this feature?
We know inviting your users to a new platform can be a time-consuming task. However, this process can be automated and will make inviting your clients significantly faster.
Before you decide to import users to the platform, you should make sure this is the right approach for you. If you are managing a small organisation, you may be better off creating your invitations individually, as importing your clients requires a bit of a set up.
If, on the contrary, you are managing a very large organisation and have an external directory or CRM, importing your users might be the way to go.
What do I need to do to start importing my clients?
When you invite a client to Qwil Messenger you must make sure that the client belongs to a group where there is at least one active staff user. This is because clients can only chat with other users they share a group with.
Therefore, before you can invite your clients you need to make sure you have created their contact groups and have added a staff user.
It is important to note that a fully automated solution requires the CSV worksheets be completed with ALL Groups and ALL Staff and ALL Client Users, as well as ALL of the contact group memberships correctly populated in the staff and client CSV files. This requires some technical knowledge and the availability of high-quality source data. If this does not seem to suit you, you can always automate the staff loading process and manually setup client groups and client users.
You can copy your users from an external directory or user base into Qwil via a CSV (comma-separated values) file. There are three phases involved:
- Export your existing users from your external directory into a CSV file.
- Create a group CSV file, and adapt your user CSV file to include group memberships.
- Import the staff, contact groups, and clients into Qwil from the CSV files.
To import your clients:
- Make sure you have created your client contact groups. You can automate this step, see Import your contact groups.
- Make sure you have added at least one active staff user to the contact groups. You can automate this step, see Import your contact group memberships.
- As an admin user, navigate to the administration menu and click on Clients.
- Click on the Import button.
- Download the client CSV template.
- Populate the CSV template. Make sure you put the following values in each of the columns:
- Upload your populated CSV using the Select file button.
Tip: You can select the checkbox "Ignore entries with identifiers already in use" to avoid creating duplicates.
- If you do not wish to send the invitations, select the checkbox "Do not send the invitation email" However, please note that if you select the checkbox you will have to manually send out each invitation later on.
- Once you have uploaded your file click Import.
- Click Done. Your client invitations will be created.