At Qwil, we know that no one has time to read long instruction manuals. Tools have to be intuitive for both staff and clients to use, with limited training required even for full system administrators!
This is why we have summarised everything you need to know into this single pager along with a short training video to see all you need to know in action.
As a System admin, you have full control of the Qwil Messenger platform and an extended administration menu including customising branding, T&Cs, security settings and grant data reviewer permissions. You can also generate API keys. User Admin can only invite staff and clients on the platform. Understand roles and permissions
What to expect?
- 5 minute video showing the key features of Qwil Messenger
- Understand the System Admin menu
- Learn how to customise Branding, T&Cs and set security settings for your organisation
- Learn how to start a chat and send a document
- Learn how to invite staff and clients to Qwil Messenger
- Understand where to access your account settings
Why would I use Qwil?
With Qwil you know everyone is who they are (as everyone is invited on the platform) and messages are received and read with no risk of interception. Qwil not only replaces email but becomes the main communication tool between staff, clients and partners. Read how we can make your life easier here.
Walk through video - Become an expert in minutes
- In just two 5 minute long videos, you will know everything you need to know about using Qwil Messenger.
- Learn how to customise your organisation
- Learn how to manage your account, understand the menus and how to co-ordinate conversations and share documents.
System admin (5 minutes) - customise and security settings
Admin (5 minutes) - understand menus, invite users and start a chat
The admin menu
To access the admin menu click on the settings button.
You will see all the All the admin functionalities including API keys and Customisation settings.
The top 3 "Your organisation": Clients, Staff, and Groups are used to managed users on your tenancy and also available to user administrators.
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu.
- Click on Branding, Terms & Conditions or security Settings:
- Branding: Adding your brand will not only make your chat space look and feel more professional but will give your users more confidence to engage with you via a chat. The new logo and colours will apply to all users once you implement them. Learn more
- Security Settings: Qwil Messenger includes a number of advanced security features that are designed for the protection of sensitive corporate data for organisations.
These settings include:
- Chat restrictions for staff users on mobile devices (BYOD)
- Invitation settings and profile editing permissions
- User API keys permissions
- Mobile push notification content preferences (for all users)
- Attachment sharing restrictions
Note: By default, these settings are turned on for your organisation and typically do not require further amendment. Learn more
Our API keys provide access to read, write, and update many types of data in Qwil Messenger, allowing you to integrate Qwil with third-party applications. Learn more on user, admin and system API keys.
Invite a staff user
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu.
- Click on Staff.
- Click on Invite a colleague.
- Enter their First Name, Last Name and Job title.
- Enter their email address and phone number.
- Select one or more groups (optional). The other members of this group will become the user's contacts.
- Click Create and the staff will receive an email invite.
- To make a staff user User Admin, go to their profile and update their role. Edit a user's role
Invite client users:
A client must belong to a group where there is at least one active staff user, otherwise, you will not be able to complete the client invitation. When you invite a client, a new group will be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this group's members or add the client to an existing group.
- Navigate to the administration menu and click on Clients.
- Click on the Invite a client button.
- Fill in the form. A new group will be created that includes you and your invitee. This means you will be able to contact each other. If you wish to edit this group's name or members, see below.
- Click Send invitation.
- Your invitation will be sent.
- Once the client accepts their invitation, the staff users that share a group with them will be able to start chatting.
Manage contact groups during invitation:
When you invite a client, a new group will be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this group's members or add the client to an existing group.
Edit the new group:
- Fill in the new client form.
- If you wish to edit the new group that will be created click on edit under contact groups.
- You can change the group name and its members. Remember, there must be at least one active Staff user in the group. Make any changes and click Save.
- You will be redirected to the client invitation form. Click Send invitation.
Send your first message to a contact
Starting a chat thread in Qwil is very similar to how you've been used to with email: create a new email (start a chat), add a subject (Chat title) and then add participants (add user).
- Click on create chat icon.
- Search and select one or more participants.
- Name the chat.
- Click Create.
- Type a message and press send.
For more information on getting started with new chats click here.
Share a document with a client/colleague
Once a new chat thread has been started there are 2 ways to send attachments from the web app. Either from the paperclip icon next to the message and Select one or more files to send from your computer OR Drag and drop files from your computer directly to the chat window. Click Send. Learn more
The chat menu (right)
The right menu when in a chat enables you to edit a title, add or remove participants, search, view documents/pictures and export the transcript. You are also able to archive chats and copy the chat link for logging purposes.
at any point in a chat participants can be added, allowing for you to invite your colleagues or clients into an existing chat:
Some tips and notes
- If you are not ready to send the invitation email you can create draft invitations by clicking Create without invitation. Draft invitations will be listed under pending users.
- You can review all your pending invitations by using the filter on your client list.
- you can also amend the details of users who are active or pending for example the name of invitation mobile number from a staff and clients.
- When you invite a user they will receive a daily email invitation reminder for 30 days with a new link to accept it. Only the latest invitation link will be valid.
What is next?
Now you have an understanding of how Qwil Messenger works, try using Qwil on mobile:
- Guide to making Qwil a success in your organisation
- Download the mobile app
- Send documents and attachments on mobile
- Encourage clients to download the mobile app
- Learn some tips to make sure chats are seen and read