Who can use this feature?
You must be an admin user to invite clients
A client must belong to a group where there is at least one active staff user, otherwise, you will not be able to complete the client invitation.
Note: Only staff users that share a group with a client will be able to see each other in their contact lists and start a chat.
To invite a client:
Create a contact group for the client:
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu.
- Click on Contact groups.
- On the top right-hand side click on Create group.
- Fill in the form. You only need to add a group name (e.g. Client relationship name). The identifier and description values are optional.
- Your contact group will be created.
- Add a staff user to the group by clicking on the add members button on the right-hand side. (this staff will become a contact of the client you will invite next).
Invite a client:
- As an admin user, navigate to the administration menu and click on Clients.
- Click on the Invite a client button.
- Fill in the form. Remember to add the new client to the group you just created where there is at least one active staff user.
- Click Create.
- Your invitation will be sent.
- Once the client accepts their invitation, the staff users that share a group with them will be able to start chatting.
Tip: You can review all your pending invitations by using the filter on your client list.