Who can use this feature?
You must be an admin user to invite clients
A client must belong to a contact group where there is at least one active staff user, otherwise, you will not be able to complete the client invitation.
You can create one contact group for each client or for each relationship (husband and wife). These are like Venn Diagrams so you a client can be in several contact groups and both name and participants can be added at any time.
Note: Only staff users that share a group with a client will be able to see each other in their contact lists and start a chat.
If you prefer watching a video and learn everything there is to know in 25 minutes, click here.
To invite a client:
Create a contact group for the client:
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu.
- Click on Contact groups.
- On the top right-hand side click on Create group.
- Fill in the form. You only need to add a group name (Client relationship name e.g. Smith Family Group or John Smith Group ). The identifier and description values are optional.
- Your contact group will be created.
- Add a staff user to the group by clicking on the add members button on the right-hand side. (this staff will become a contact of the client you will invite next).
Invite a client:
- As an admin user, navigate to the administration menu and click on Clients.
- Click on the Invite a client button.
- Fill in the form. Remember to add the new client to the group you just created where there is at least one active staff user.
- Click Create.
- Your invitation will be sent.
- Once the client accepts their invitation, the staff users that share a group with them will be able to start chatting.
Tip: You can review all your pending invitations by using the filter on your client list, or by clicking on the yellow alert in your client list.