The butler is a one-way communication channel. Every user has by default a chat with the butler. When you first join an organisation on Qwil Messenger you will have one notification from the Butler. In this message, you will find a link to the help centre.
Admin users from your organisation may use the butler to send you messages. If you are an admin see Send automated messages via the Butler.
The Butler can also be used to broadcast messages on behalf of other users.
If you are a staff, you will receive a message from the butler whenever a new client that you can chat with joins your organisation. This is a great way to stay informed and to start chatting with your clients straight away.
Some notes on the butler:
- It is important to note that the butler does not reply.
- You cannot invite other users to your butler chat.
- You cannot leave the butler chat.
- You cannot remove the butler from the chat.
- You cannot mute the butler chat. However you can opt out of email reminders of unread messages from the butler. See Email notifications.