Who can use this feature?
Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Groups that are used to connect users to each other. You are the one creating the contact book on the phone so that your clients know who they can start a chat with.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact groups and clients.
Staff users are your internal users who provide services on behalf of your organisation. They automatically have access to each other and can search the directory but need to be in contact groups to see their colleagues on their contact list. This is like having a frequent contact list. department. You can put everyone in All staff contact group. Staff can only see a client contact if they are in a contact group with them to ensure privacy at all times.
Who can import staff to Qwil?
You need to be a "user admin" to do so (Understand roles and permissions) and have the administration tab in your browser side menu.
What to expect?
- To import your staff you will need to populate and upload an Excel Template (in CSV format) to our system. It is easy to do and will save you time.
- Once you've entered the details for the staff member, they will be receiving an email invite on a daily basis until accepted. Details on how to check the status and amend details here.
- Once an invitation is accepted, the new staff member will be visible by all staff members and those in the Contact Groups in which they have been added.
Populate and upload your staff Excel (CSV) file.
- As an admin user, navigate to the administration menu and click on Staff.
- Click on the Import from csv button.
- Download the staff CSV template available by clicking the Import button
- Populate the Excel (CSV) template as per our example below. Make sure you put the following values in each of the columns:
More explanation on each field can be found below:
- Upload your populated Excel (CSV) using the Select file button.
Tip: You can select the checkbox "Ignore entries with identifiers already in use" to avoid creating duplicates. If you do not click this checkbox and you try to upload a duplicated record you will see an error.
- If you do not wish to send the invitations, select the checkbox "Do not send the invitation email" However, please note that if you select the checkbox you will have to manually send out each invitation later on.
- Once you have uploaded your file click Import.
- Click Done. Your staff invitations will be created.
Tip: CSV templates do not keep the phone number formatting when the file is closed (i.e. the +44). You can use this formula in a separate spreadsheet ="+" & [cell ref] it will add the '+ to the cells its already in and paste it as value in the CSV column again.
What is next?
Uploading your users to the platform can be done as a combination of manual invitations or important your user data. You can upload your users in batches (this means you don't have to upload everyone at once) or even upload your clients per the staff member that covers them.
You are now ready for stage 2 and creating and importing your contact groups. Because of the way Qwil Messenger replicates your client relationships, you need to follow a specific order when adding groups and users: