Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Groups that are used to connect users to each other. You are the one creating the contact book on the phone so that your clients know who they can start a chat with.
The coverage model will evolve over time and so will Contact groups. You can easily add users to contact groups manually or through import as described below. You would use an import if you have one staff to add to many groups or multiple changes.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact groups and clients.
If you prefer watching a video and learn everything there is to know in 25 minutes, click here.
Who can import contact groups members?
You need to be a "staff admin" to do so (Understand roles and permissions) and have the administration tab in your browser side menu.
What to expect?
- You can update users to contact groups by importing your group memberships using an excel template CSV file.
- You must have created your Contact groups and invited your users before you can add them to groups.
- This can also be done manually see Add group members
Click on this article for a worked example:
To import your contact group memberships:
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu.
- Click on Contact groups.
- On the top right-hand side click on Import.
- Select Import group members.
- Download the group members CSV template.
- Populate the CSV template. Make sure you put the following values in each of the columns:
Note: You can add multiple Group UUIDs per Entity Member UUID and multiple Entity Member UUIDs per Group UUID. This means you can assign multiple users to a group or multiple groups to a user. The important thing is to not have the same line twice.
- Upload your populated CSV using the Select file button.
Note: You can select the checkbox "Ignore entries with identifiers already in use" to avoid creating duplicates.
- Once you have uploaded your file click Import.
- Click Done. Your users will be added to their contact groups.