Who can use this feature?
System & User administrators only
Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Books that are used to connect users to each other. You are the one creating the contact book on the phone so that your clients know who they can start a chat with.
The coverage model will evolve over time and so will Contact books. You can easily add users to contact books manually or through import as described below. You would use an import if you have one staff to add to many contact books or multiple changes.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact books, and clients.
What to expect?
- You can add users to contact books by importing your contact book memberships using an excel template CSV file.
- You must have created your Contact books and invited your users before you can add them to contact book.
- This can also be done manually see Add contact book members
Click on this article for a worked example:
To import your contact book memberships:
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu.
- Click on Contact books.
- On the top right-hand side click on Import.
- Select Import contact book members.
- Download the group members CSV template.
Populate the CSV template. Make sure you put the following values in each of the columns:
Note: You can add multiple Group UUIDs per Entity Member UUID and multiple Entity Member UUIDs per Group UUID. This means you can assign multiple users to a group or multiple groups to a user. The important thing is to not have the same line twice.
- Upload your populated CSV using the Select file button.
Note: You can select the checkbox "Ignore entries with identifiers already in use" to avoid creating duplicates.
- Once you have uploaded your file click Import.
- Click Done. Your users will be added to their contact books.