Who can use this feature?
Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Groups that are used to connect users to each other. You are the one creating the contact book so that your clients know who they can start a chat with.
Both staff and clients can belong to many groups. In practice, you will create at least one contact group per client relationship. Just like your coverage model, not all staff see all clients and not all clients can contact all staff. This is key for privacy.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact groups, and clients.
If you prefer watching a video and learn everything there is to know in 25 minutes, click here.
Tip: If you are creating a new group for each client relationship you can skip setting up contact groups before sending the client invitation. When you invite a client, a new group will automatically be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this group's members or add the client to an existing group. See Invite client users.
What to expect?
- You can create contact groups for staff and for client relationships.
- When you invite a client, a new group will be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this group's members or add the client to an existing group.
- Staff are not required to be in a contact group when first invited as they can search the directory but we recommend creating an All Staff group or a group per department. This is like having a frequent contact list. Staff can only see a client contact if they are in a contact group with them to ensure privacy at all times.
- Contact groups can be updated at any time with new staff and clients added or invited according to your business.
Set up client contact groups and add staff users.
Note: a group must always include at least one active staff member in order to invite clients to the group.
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu
- Click on Contact groups.
- Click on Create.
- Add a group name (e.g. ClientName Relationship Group)
- The description and identifier are optional.
- Click Save.
Use the Add Members button once the group has been created to add the staff users who will be accessible to the client members.
What is next?
We have shown above how you can manually create a contact group. For smaller firms or first-time users, it is often the simplest approach to loading your data.
However, you have full flexibility and can create contact groups manually or if you have an existing database do it simply through the use of our Excel (CSV) template. The import process for client members is accessible here.
You can update which users belong to each group if required. This can be done manually see Add group members, or it can be done with an Excel CSV file see Import group memberships.
You are now ready for step 3 and inviting clients: