Who can use this feature?
Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Groups that are used to connect users to each other. You are the one creating the contact book so that your clients know who they can start a chat with.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact groups, and clients.
What to expect?
- A contact group per client or relationship has to be set up with at least one active staff user in it.
- Once you've entered the details for the client member (you only need the name, email, and mobile number) they will be receiving an email invite on a daily basis until accepted. Details on how to check the status and amend details here.
- Once an invitation is accepted, the client member will be able to contact the staff members they share a group with. The staff members covering the client will also receive a notification through the Butler.
Invite client users:
A client must belong to a group where there is at least one active staff user. When you invite a client, a new group will be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this group's members or add the client to an existing group.
Note: Only staff users that share a group with a client will be able to see each other in their contact lists and start a chat.
- As an admin user, navigate to the administration menu and click on Clients.
- Click on the Invite a client button.
- Fill in the form. A new group will be created that includes you and your invitee. This means you will be able to contact each other. If you wish to edit this group's name or members, see below.
- Click Send invitation.
- Your invitation will be sent.
- Once the client accepts their invitation, the staff users that share a group with them will be able to start chatting.
Manage contact groups during invitation:
When you invite a client, a new group will be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this group's members or add the client to an existing group.
Edit the new group:
- Fill in the new client form.
- If you wish to edit the new group that will be created click on edit under contact groups.
- You can change the group name and its members. Remember, there must be at least one active Staff user in the group. Make any changes and click Save.
- You will be redirected to the client invitation form. Click Send invitation.
Add the client to an existing group instead:
- Fill in the new client form.
- If you wish to add the client to an existing group instead of creating a new one, click on Select existing under Contact groups.
- Select which groups you wish to add the client to.
Note: You can review all your pending invitations by using the filter on your client list, or by clicking on the yellow alert in your client list.
What is next?
We have shown above how you can manually invite a client user. For smaller firms or first-time users, it is often the simplest approach to loading your data.
However, you have full flexibility and can invite all users manually or if you have an existing database do it simply through the use of our Excel (CSV) template whether for a part (only staff for example) or for everyone. The import process for client members is accessible here.