Who can use this feature?
System & User administrators only
Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Books that are used to connect users to each other. You are the one creating the contact book so that your clients know who they can start a chat with.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact books, and clients.
What to expect?
- A contact book per client or relationship has to be set up with at least one active staff user in it.
- Once you've entered the details for the client member (you only need the name, email, and mobile number) they will be receiving an email invite on a daily basis until accepted. Details on how to check the status and amend details here.
- Once an invitation is accepted, the client member will be able to contact the staff members they share a contact book with. The staff members covering the client will also receive a notification through the Butler.
Invite client users:
A client must belong to a contact book where there is at least one active staff user. When you invite a client, a new contact book will be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this contact books' members or add the client to an existing contact book.
Note: Only staff users that share a contact book with a client will be able to see each other in their contact lists and start a chat.
- As an admin user, navigate to the administration menu and click on Clients.
- Click on the Invite a client button.
- Fill in the form. A new contact book will be created that includes you and your invitee. This means you will be able to contact each other. If you wish to edit this contact book's name or members, see below.
- You can add an optional custom message.
- Click Send invitation.
- Your invitation will be sent.
- Once the client accepts their invitation, the staff users that share a contact book with them will be able to start chatting.
Manage contact books during invitation:
When you invite a client, a new contact book will be created that includes you and your invitee. You can edit this contact book's members or add the client to an existing contact book.
Edit the new contact book:
- Fill in the new client form.
- If you wish to edit the new contact book that will be created click on edit under contact books.
- You can change the contact book name and its members. Remember, there must be at least one active Staff user in the contact book. Make any changes and click Save.
- You will be redirected to the client invitation form. Click Send invitation.
Add the client to an existing contact book instead:
- Fill in the new client form.
- If you wish to add the client to an existing contact book instead of creating a new one, click on Select existing under Contact books.
- Select which contact books you wish to add the client to.
Note: You can review all your pending invitations by using the filter on your client list, or by clicking on the yellow alert in your client list.
What is next?
We have shown above how you can manually invite a client user. For smaller firms or first-time users, it is often the simplest approach to loading your data.
However, you have full flexibility and can invite all users manually or if you have an existing database do it simply through the use of our Excel (CSV) template whether for a part (only staff for example) or for everyone. The import process for client members is accessible here.