Who can use this feature?
Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Groups that are used to connect users to each other. You are the one creating the contact book on the phone so that your clients know who they can start a chat with.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact groups and clients.
Client users are the external users that you invite to use the system to be provided services from you. As opposed to staff that can search for other staff, Client users can only see contacts you have defined in their contact group. This is why a contact group always has to be set up first and a staff included before an invitation is sent.
Who can invite clients?
You need to be a "staff admin" to do so (Understand roles and permissions) and have the administration tab in your browser side menu.
What to expect?
- A contact group per client or relationship has to be set up with at least one active Staff user in it. This means that the staff user must have accepted their invitation before you can invite a client.
- Once you've entered the details for the client member (you only need the name, email, mobile number and the contact group name) they will be receiving an email invite on a daily basis until accepted. Details on how to check the status and amend details here.
- Once an invitation is accepted, the client member will see the staff members and other members in the Contact Group. The Staff covering the client will also receive a notification through the Butler.
Invite client users:
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu
- Click on Clients.
- Click on Invite a client.
- Select their role:
- Client - can only access chat functionalities.
- Partner - can only access chat functionalities.
- Enter their First Name, Last Name and Job title (usually 'Client').
- Enter their email address and phone number.
Note: When entering a phone number make sure you add the country code (i.e. +44) The flag icon will display the country to confirm you have entered the number correctly. Do not manually change the flag icon as this will save an incorrect number.
- Select one or more groups (mandatory). The group must have at least one active staff member in order to invite the client. The other members of this group will become the user's contacts.
Note: If you add a new client to a group that already has other clients we will display a warning. This is because clients that share a group will be able to see and contact each other.
- Click Send invitation.
Tip: If you already filled in the form but want to change the invitee role, you can click back and select a different role.
Tip: You can review all your pending invitations by using the filter on your client list, or by clicking on the yellow alert in your client list.
What is next?
We have shown above how you can manually invite a client user. For smaller firms or first time users, it is often simplest approach to loading your data.
However, you have full flexibility and can invite all users manually or if you have an existing data base do it simply through the use of our Excel (CSV) template whether for a part (only staff for example) or for everyone. The import process for client members is accessible here.
Because of the way Qwil Messenger replicates your client relationships, you need to follow a specific order when adding groups and users: