Who can use this feature?
Your organisation on Qwil Messenger is composed of two user types Staff and Clients with Contact Groups that are used to connect users to each other. You are the one creating the contact book on the phone so that your clients know who they can start a chat with.
Do refer to our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger for further details on how to replicate your coverage model in Qwil and understand the relationship between staff, contact groups and clients.
A Contact Group is a collection of users that enables visibility to each other via their contact lists. Both staff and clients can belong to many groups. In practice you will create at least one contact group per client relationship. Just like your coverage model, not all staff see all clients and not all clients can contact all staff. This is key for privacy.
Who can create contact groups?
You need to be a "staff admin" to do so (Understand roles and permissions) and have the administration tab in your browser side menu.
What to expect?
- To import the contact groups you will need to populate and upload an Excel Template (in CSV format) to our system. It is easy to do and will save you time.
- Staff are not required to be in a contact group when first invited as they can search the directory but we recommend an All Staff group or per department. This is like having a frequent contact list. You can put everyone in All staff contact group. Staff can only see a client contact if they are in a contact group with them to ensure privacy at all times.
- For Clients, a contact group per client or relationship has to be set up with at least one active Staff user in it. This means that the staff user must have accepted their invitation before you can invite a client.
- Later on, you can update which users belong to each group if required.
Populate and upload your groups Excel (CSV) file
When you upload your contact groups you can also add staff users to each group using the Excel (CSV) file. You should add at least one staff member to each group so you can invite clients in the next step. We recommend adding staff to the groups using their email. See the table below for further details.
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu.
- Click on Contact groups.
- On the top right-hand side click on Import.
- Select Import from csv.
- Download the group CSV template.
- Populate the CSV template. Here you can add the staff users to each group using their email, identifier, or UUID. You must include at least one staff member per group. The staff you add to each group will become the contact of the clients you will invite next. Make sure you put the following values in each of the columns:
- Upload your populated CSV using the Select file button.
Tip: You can select the checkbox "Ignore entries with identifiers already in use" to avoid creating duplicates. If you do not click this checkbox and you try to upload a duplicated record you will see an error.
- Once you have uploaded your file click Import.
- Click Done. Your Contact groups will be created.
Tip: You do not need to add all your staff to contact groups. You can always update your group memberships later on.
Wait until your staff users have accepted their invitation.
You must wait until your staff users have accepted their invitation to join Qwil Messenger before you can invite your clients to the platform. This is because clients must belong to a group where there is at least one active staff user.
You can review all your pending invitations by using the filter on your staff users list.
Tip: There is the option to upload a different CSV file for the client relationships that each staff user covers - this means that you do not need to wait for each and every one of your staff users to accept their invitation before you can start uploading your clients.
What is next?
You are now ready for step 3 and importing clients. Because of the way Qwil Messenger replicates your client relationships, you need to follow a specific order when adding groups and users: