Who can use this feature?
System & User administrators only
Whether it is as part of the invitation process or to modify details under a user's Qwil Account, the Qwil platform uses both email and SMS codes for security purposes as part of our two-factor authentication.
As a staff administrator there are a few simple tests you can do in the first instance to check the platform is operating correctly, and thus provide appropriate support for your Qwil users.
Tip: We recommend using an incognito tab in your browser for these tests.
Testing Qwil email servers:
You can easily request a reminder for your own Username/Qwil ID by following this process.
- From the sign-in page, click on 'Lost your Qwil ID?'.
- Enter your email address.
- You will receive an email with your Qwil ID or username which is on your Qwil Account.
If you receive an email (check spam also), you know that the system is up and running. You can then direct support for the end user.
Testing Qwil SMS servers:
Start the process as if your are requesting a password reset for your own Qwil account:
- From the sign in page, click on 'I forgot my password'.
- Enter your Qwil ID or username.
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password to your registered email address.
- Click on the link.
- You will receive an SMS code to your registered phone number.
If you have received the SMS code, then the SMS servers are working as they should. The issue is on the end user side with either network issues or the user's phone number has been input in the system incorrectly.