Having a secure communication channel is only good if messages are sent and that the messages are read. We have made Qwil to look and feel like your favourite chat app, with no (or limited training) required. Now it is up to you to make the best use of it and make your life easier with sharing with clients. We have given you below a few tips to help.
The double tick
As opposed to email, you can see who has received and read a message.
It works both ways as gives comfort to your client that a request has been seen and will be eventually handled. For a staff member, knowing that a document has been received and read is often enough to meet regulatory requirements. For both, it is so easy to acknowledge the message (with an emoji for example) or adding in a colleague to the conversation who can handle it.
Remember, instant messaging does not mean instant replying. If it is urgent, you can easily escalate with a phone call.
A common app for everyone by design
Qwil is like your Mail app, with multiple accounts under one wrapper. You wouldn't want to have to go to 5 mail apps to read your emails.
Think of Qwil like a building where each floor is rented out by a different company. Qwil is at the reception checking the identity of users, and then grants access to one or more floors each having their own brand but also rules of who can chat with whom. In this way, you can be a staff of a financial firm covering your clients, but at the same time a client of your bank, or a parent at a school. All in the same app which increases the likelihood of reading messages!
Tips for you and your client
- Download both the desktop and mobile apps across all the devices. Encourage your clients to also download the desktop app (especially older generations). Have the Qwil app on the first page of the phone. Phone. Mail. Qwil and Whatsapp icon.
- Ensure notifications are enabled
- Add Qwil to start at login. This means you will always have Qwil open even if in the background.
- Clients or staff should not log-out (that is just for public computers), just close the application.
- Engage as soon as a client has joined (you will be notified via the Bulter). This is the best opportunity to give some information on why you are using Qwil and how it is going to make communication so much better. No more password protected files, secure inboxes with links, portals etc.
- Chat is THE tool to get closer to clients as you are with your family and friends. Chat doesn't have the formality of email which replicate a letter (Dear...). Chats are short and replicate a conversation. The more you engage and share, the more likely to get a response.
- Regularity. Are you sending newsletters or regular updates. It is easy for your client (or staff) to access the information anytime. Whether it is a market update (a daily summary of stock market performance), high level overview of their position, or any announcement, it is easy to paste in and attach. You can also make good user of our Butler excel tool to automatically send documents and messages to some (or all) your users in a personalised way.
- Centralise your communication internally and externally. So much time is wasted looking for information and remembering on what channel it was. Was it on an email? when? or an internal chat? did we send a letter? With Qwil, you have an easy search function.
- Create a specific chat per topic. Bring your clients into the conversation by creating a chat to discuss a specific topic, think of it like an organised email thread where all important information is kept in a single conversation.
- Make use of the availability status under your profile. This is not simply an out of office for holidays, this can be easily updated throughout the day when busy for a few hours so any participant can see with the red dot next to your name. You can also provide details on who to contact.
It is not that different to social chat and platforms, the more you are in the app, the more likely that messages will be read. Users just need to be clear that Qwil is where things will happen faster and better!
We keep thinking of ways to facilitate the shift from email and other platforms to Qwil. We will be releasing in the second half of the year email reminders (to indicate you have unread messages) and further tools to send updates to your clients (via Butler or in new chats).
Do let us know if you have more ideas.