This guide is for
What to expect?
This guide will walk you through how to install and configure the Qwil Messenger Salesforce Chat History connector / component.
Once set up, you will be able to find a record of a Salesforce Client's Qwil chat history, as well as giving you access to attachments, transcripts and chat links. For more information on features click here.
To use the Qwil Messenger Salesforce Chat History connector your organisation will need to move to a Qwil package that includes APIs.
Please get in contact with our sales team to discuss this further and obtain the download link for the Salesforce Connector.
Install the Qwil Messenger Chat History Package
One you click the link, you will be navigated to an installation confirmation page and required to enter your salesforce credentials for your organisation.
- Follow the steps to accept the terms and conditions and install the package for your specified organisation.
- The installation process can take up to 15 minutes to complete and you will be notified by email once the process has completed.
- Upon completion, login to Salesforce and search "Installed Packages" in the setup Quick Find search bar. Under Installed Packages you should see the Qwil Messenger Salesforce Connector package now available.
- To configure the package search "Custom Metadata Settings" in the Quick Find search bar. You will see the Qwil Chat History Metadata.
- Click Manage Records and create a new record by pressing New.
You will now have to fill in the following settings:
- Click Save.
- Search "Named Credentials" in the Quick Find search bar and open Named Credentials.
- Add a New Named Credential and fill in the following settings:
- Click Save.
To use the component, you must place the component in the Contacts Object. To do this follow these steps:
- In Setup, navigate to the object manager and click on Contact.
- Click on Lightning Record Pages and click on the Contact Record Page and click Edit.
- On the Page, add a Custom Tab named "Qwil Chats"
- Drag and drop the QwilChats Component into the newly created Qwil Chats Tab
Installation is now complete and Qwil Chat History will be visible in your salesforce contact records.