You've invited a few clients already manually? Great. Now let's show you how you can easily upload everyone by just showing you a few screenshots.
For more explanation and detailed step by step guides, do read our Guide to onboarding your users to Qwil Messenger.
Note: These actions are only permitted for administrators
If you prefer watching a video and learn everything there is to know in 25 minutes, click here.
What to expect?
- Download the data from your existing system (first name, last name, email and mobile number)
- Populate 2 excel templates in the same way as you are inviting manually. This is not complicated and will save you a lot of time!
- Upload each CSV template and all users will receive invitations in one go
- You can always create more or amend Contact Groups later.
Download the Excel (CSV) template
- As an admin user, navigate to the administration menu and click on Contact Groups or Clients to download the 2 excel templates. Use the images below to help you with the data and format.
- Click on the Import button and Download an empty CSV template.
Populate the Excel (CSV) templates
Create Contact Groups
- Create one group per client i.e. Group Name RobertBrown Group Identifier RobertBrown
- From your external data base (iBusiness for example) create an additional column for Group Name and Group Identifier with formula "=A1&A2", then paste it in the Contact Group CSV in column A and B.
- Make sure there are no spaces or special characters in Group Identifiers (i.e. '-() etc.)
- Add in Column F the emails of the staff members covering the client. Separate staff members with a semi colon with no spaces.
Clients CSV completed example below:
- From your external data base (iBusiness for example) create an additional column to amend your mobile number format to the include international code and removing any spaces.
- You can use this formula in a separate spreadsheet ="+44" & [cell ref] it will add the '+44 to the cells and paste it as value in the Client CSV column again.
- Paste in Column G the Group Identifier created in the previous step.
Note: You should have as many rows in the Client CSV and Contact Group CSV.
Import each Excel CSV to Qwil Messenger
- You can complete as many files as you want (maximum clients is 500 each time)
- Select the file and import under Staff, Contacts Groups or Clients
- Contact groups will be created or invitations will be sent.
You will get an error code indicating the row (add 2 due to column titles) where it applies - this could be extra space in role, email used already, contact groups etc.