At Qwil, we know that no one has time to read long instruction manuals. Tools have to be intuitive for both staff and clients to use, with limited training required.
This is why we have summarised everything you need to know into this single pager along with a short training video to see all you need to know in action.
Qwil Messenger is an invitation only service, ask your organisation to be invited.
Why would I use Qwil?
What is Qwil Messenger? Qwil Messenger not only replaces email for communication with clients but allows you to communicate rather than just correspond. Just like social chat platforms you can exchange messages, but can also share documents and images in a simple, safe and compliant app.
What is different with Qwil? With Qwil you know everyone is who they are (as everyone is invited on the platform) and messages are received and read with no risk of interception. Qwil not only replaces encrypted email but becomes the main communication tool between staff and with clients. Your clients who are business owners, can also have Qwil with their own clients.
Walk through video - Become an expert in minutes
Qwil Messenger has been designed to hide away the complexity and be intuitive to use both for staff and for clients. We provide many guides and articles but the best is just to see for yourself
- In just 10-15 minutes, you will know everything you need to know about using Qwil Messenger.
- Learn how to manage your account, understand the menus and how to co-ordinate conversations.
- See how to share documents or take pictures (for example of passports) directly via Qwil to facilitate on-boarding.
- Jump straight to the right chapter.
How do I use Qwil?
- Accept the invitation? You will be receiving an invitation from your organisation with a button to accept. You will then go through a process getting a Qwil ID (the 10 digit username), set an 8 digit password and receive a SMS text. This email will be sent every day for security reasons so make sure you open the latest. When you have accepted, you will be in!
- How do I sign-in? Qwil is available for both mobile and web and can be used on multiple devices at the same time. We recommend users download both our mobile and desktop apps to make the most of our platform.
- What are my credentials to setup a device? Your username is the Qwil ID and password is the 8 digit+ set when you accepted the email invitation from the organisation which invited you. If you have forgotten these details you can get a reminder of your username or reset your password.
- How do I start a chat? On a desktop, go to "Chat" in the left menu, Click on the + button. On mobile at the bottom select "Chats" and the top right icon. Enter a Chat Title (i.e. "ISA top-up (Ben & Anne)"), add Participants within your contact list and send the first message. Drag and drop or click on the paperclip to share one or more attachments (up to 50 MB documents allowed per attachment).
WhatsApp privacy and the FCA guidance on social chat tools
WhatsApp has revolutionarised the way we communicate in our personal lives. We all use it. So what does the recent news mean and why can't I use it for work?
WhatsApp data privacy policies: WhatsApp has just made it clear what data is being shared (contacts, phone details etc) with Facebook. It is not new and it is a free service after-all. However, sharing the same data is a privacy breach when used by professionals.
FCA data control: Data privacy is just one aspect, even more importantly is data control per the FCA newsletter. Is everything recorded? What happens if a staff leaves? Do you know what is being shared? You don't allow staff to use personal email with clients and the same applies here with chat apps.
Hear from our advisers use Qwil with their clients
"We use Qwil for everything really. From booking reviews, keeping in touch with clients, sending them suitability letters and online wealth accounts, any paperwork that we would usually send out in the post now gets “Qwil’ed”"
"I now use it for all my electronic communication with clients and prospects as it’s easy to track all our conversations and refer back to specific points we have discussed and the timing of them. I no longer have the issue of having to find that email you can never find when you need it most!"
"All our clients have been happy to sign up and download the app. You don’t have to sell it to clients when you tell them it is an encrypted app that is much safer for us and them to use."
"If you use email, text or any other form of messaging with your clients and also have to send them encrypted messages a lot due to the sensitive data or documentation, then that stress is removed by using Qwil which does it all for you."
Our Help Centre is intended for your staff administrators as well as your end users (staff and client users). You can easily search for answers to almost any question and chat with our customer support representatives.
Click on support in the Qwil app or go to our site support.qwil.io