Never miss an important message in Qwil Messenger. By default, you will receive email notifications to alert you of new messages when you’re not active in Qwil as well as a weekly email notification of unread messages. The frequency of these notifications can be configured depending on your preferences.
What to expect?
- You will receive an email alerting you of new unread messages in any organisation that you belong to.
- You will also receive a weekly email notification to let you know of any unread messages in your account.
- For security purposes, the email will not contain any details of your unread messages, such as the number of unread messages, their content, or sender.
- You can configure the frequency of these alerts in your Account details.
- The email notifications will be sent to your Account email; this is the email linked to your Qwil Messenger account. To learn how to change this email see Change my Qwil email.
To configure your email notification frequency:
- Click on your avatar in the top right of Qwil on a web browser or on the Qwil Desktop App.
- Navigate to Account & Settings.
- Under the Notifications tab, select the frequency of your notifications. If you do not wish to receive email notifications of unread messages, select Never.
- Your preferences will be saved.
As part of the transition into the new version of Qwil, old or archived chats, or system notifications from the butler may have been picked up. This could cause a one-off occurrence with users receiving an email notification, but logging on and not seeing an unread message. This was a consequence of the upgrade to the new version and will only occur this once.