As part of Qwil's security settings users need to provide an SMS code sent to their mobile phone when they accept an invitation to join your organisation as well as every time they sign in to their account. This is called 2-step verification. If their password is compromised or stolen, they'll have peace of mind knowing that only they can sign in.
The phone number used for 2-step verification can be set up by you or by the user. This means there are two invitation types:
- Email invitation - as an admin you only need to provide a verified email address to invite a user. When a user accepts their invitation they will add a phone number to receive SMS codes.
- 2-step verification invitation - as an admin you need to provide both a verified email address as well as a mobile phone number to invite a user. Users will need to enter an SMS code sent to this phone number when accepting their invitation.
All users will need to enter an SMS code to accept their invitation to join your organisation, regardless of whether they set up the phone number or you do.
What to expect?
- As an admin, you can choose to send email invitations or 2-step verification invitations.
- You can have different invitation settings for clients and staff users.
- You can change your invitation settings at any time.
- You can view an invitation type for each user under their invitation information.
To adjust invitation settings:
- From your desktop, click on the admin menu
- Click on Settings
- Click on the Users tab
- Adjust your invitation settings for staff and client users and click save.