Qwil Messenger is constantly developing new functionalities and features so as to make communication between clients and staff members even easier.
There is nothing for you to do, other than continue using the new and improved Qwil Messenger!
What to expect?
- Details of recent releases (mobile, desktop, or both)
- Why we built them
- Whether they apply to all users, staff, or administrators
- Links to getting more help
Invitation Process (June 2021)
- All new users will be asked to choose their username (instead of receiving a Qwil ID) and they set their password making it easy to remember. Existing users can change their username under account and settings.
- Staff administrators can now invite clients in one single step, with a new contact group created simultaneously which can be edited from the same screen. A new simpler CSV upload is also coming soon.
- Invitations for staff has been simplified. Role is by default "Staff" and can be upgraded to User Administrator or System Administrator by accessing the user profile.
- System administrators can now decide for 1FA (without SMS) or 2FA (with SMS) invitations for all users. Understand the differences here.
Functionalities (June 2021)
- Add your organisation to Qwil or recommend our secure chat platform. Learn what you can do with Qwil here.
- Allow users to update their profile details.
- Cue to set own recovery code. Read why this is important here.
- Reminder that desktop notifications are not on.
- Assign a chat to another participant.
- Leave and archive in one step.
- Integration to Salesforce so you can invite users, and automatically log chats.
Downloads and Email reminders (March 2021)
- Users accessing Qwil on their browser are now prompted to download the desktop application for a better user experience. They can also continue using the browser of course.
- All users are asked if they are sure they want to log out. Only log out if you are using a public/shared computer to avoid having to enter your username, password and SMS each time.
- Staff will receive a notification via the Butler if an incorrect email is used for a client invitation. Click here to learn how to correct it.
- All users will receive an email reminder telling them they have unread messages so as to never miss an important chat or document. A weekly reminder is also coming soon.
Chat functionality and improvements (April 2021)
- Chat message details are now also available on mobile. Just long-tap on the message to see who has seen it.
- Fixed inverted photo gallery and improved emojis and document uploads. See how to share documents.
Checking for future updates:
We publish all our past and upcoming releases on our Qwil Messenger Service Status & Releases page so that you know what to expect and when.
We work very hard at making Qwil Messenger services available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and globally. We always attempt to limit any disruption, planning releases outside of the normal working hours whenever possible and taking just a few minutes.
We also provide further information of our roadmap so you can see where Qwil Messenger is going and exciting features to expect!