Note: A fix was released on 24/06/2021 to Qwil Messenger desktop and browser app. Please close your application and open up again.
Duplicate notifications are something that can crop up on your Windows or Mac machine at any time, after an update of your machines operating system. The issue may not necessarily be linked to the Qwil Messenger application.
All notifications are managed by the Windows and Mac settings and not within Qwil Messenger.
The first thing you should do is to make sure there are not 2 Qwil Messenger sessions running - for example on the browser and in the app as this may lead to 2 notifications. If this is not the case, do follow the following procedure:
In Windows 10, action center is where to find your app notifications. Change your action center settings at any time from the Settings app.
Select the Start button, and then select Settings .
Go to System > Notifications & actions.
- Go to Qwil Messenger and make sure the settings are set to only "1"
Rebooting the Notification Centre may fix your Mac’s multiple notification behaviour.
To reboot the Notification Centre:
- Launch your Mac’s built-in Activity Monitor app (Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor).
- Type “Notification Centre” into Activity Monitor’s ‘Search’ bar.
- Select the ‘Notification Centre’ process and click on X and Force Quit
- Quit Qwil Messenger and start the application again