Any Qwil meeting or call can be recorded for future viewing or for compliance purposes. The recording captures audio, video, and screen sharing activity and can last up to 1 hour.
What to expect:
- Any meeting participant can start a recording.
- Everyone in the meeting will get notified that the recording has started.
- Recordings are saved locally on your computer. Each recording is limited to 1GB which is around 1 hour.
- You can only record a meeting on a desktop computer and it is only available in Chrome and chrome-based browsers.
- The recording file format saved to disk can be different depending on your browser and operating system. Where possible, it saves as *.mp4 file but if mp4 not supported (e.g. in Chrome on Macs) then it saves as *.webm file.
- If you started a recording you will not be able to leave a meeting until you stop the recording, this is to ensure the file is saved to your computer.
To start a recording:
- When you are in a meeting, click on More actions.
- Click on Start recording
- A modal will open, click on Start recording.
- A second modal will open. Your current tab will be selected, click on the thumbnail image and click Share.
- All meeting participants will be notified that the recording has started.
To end a recording:
- There are tow ways to end a recording:
- Option 1: On the top of your screen you will see a banner. Click on Stop sharing to stop the recording
- Option 2: On the bottom of the screen, click on More actions and select Stop recording.
- Your recording will be saved to your computer.