Who can use this feature?
Any Qwil meeting or call can be recorded for future viewing or for compliance purposes. The recording captures audio, video, and screen sharing activity and can last up to 1 hour.
What to expect:
- Any meeting participant can start a recording.
- Everyone in the meeting will get notified that the recording has started.
- Recordings are saved locally on your computer. Each recording is limited to 1GB which is around 1 hour.
- You can only record a meeting on a desktop computer and it is only available in Chrome and chrome-based browsers.
- The recording file format saved to disk can be different depending on your browser and operating system. Where possible, it saves as *.mp4 file but if mp4 not supported (e.g. in Chrome on Macs) then it saves as *.webm file.
- If you started a recording you will not be able to leave a meeting until you stop the recording, this is to ensure the file is saved to your computer.
To start a recording:
- When you are in a meeting, click on More actions.
- Click on Start recording
- A modal will open, click on Start recording.
- A second modal will open. Your current tab will be selected, click on the thumbnail image and click Share.
- All meeting participants will be notified that the recording has started.
To end a recording:
- There are tow ways to end a recording:
- Option 1: On the top of your screen you will see a banner. Click on Stop sharing to stop the recording
- Option 2: On the bottom of the screen, click on More actions and select Stop recording.
- Your recording will be saved to your computer.