Who can use this feature?
Staff users only
Staff-only chats are great for internal team collaboration. They allow your staff to chat and communicate with their colleagues with peace of mind, knowing they can share sensitive information internally. Staff-only chats restrict who can join a chat so only staff members can participate.
What to expect?
- When a chat is set to staff-only, you can only invite other staff members.
- You can create a staff-only chat from the start chat modal or if you have an existing chat that only has staff participants you can convert it into a staff-only chat.
- Making a chat staff-only cannot be undone.
- Staff-only chats have an indicator before the chat title to let you know it is an internal chat.
- You can only create or convert a chat into a staff-only chat from the web or desktop app.
To start a new staff-only chat:
- Click on create chat icon.
- Toggle the switch on the bottom of the create chat modal.
- Search and select one or more participants.
- Name the chat.
- Click Create.
- The chat will have an indicator before the chat title to let you know it is a staff-only chat.
To convert an existing chat into a staff-only chat:
- Make sure the chat you wish to convert only has staff participants
- Open the chat details
- Click on Convert to staff-only.
- The chat will become staff-only, and you will only be able to invite other staff members.