Who can use this feature?
Staff users only
With Biometric approval requests, you can easily request and obtain approvals from anywhere, at any time, all within the secure Qwil platform. There's no need for additional applications; everything happens right within the chat.
A biometric approval request is a secure and efficient method for obtaining consent or authorisation from a person, where the approval is confirmed using biometric data. Instead of traditional methods like signatures or passwords, biometric approval relies on unique physical characteristics, such as fingerprints or facial recognition to authenticate the user's identity. This ensures a higher level of security and reduces the risk of identity fraud or unauthorised access. Biometric approval requests are commonly used in digital transactions, document signing, and other sensitive processes that require an extra layer of verification and trust.
What to Expect?
- You can only create a biometric approval requests on desktop.
- Biometric approval requests are sent inside a chat, within the context of a conversation. To send a request, simply click on the biometric icon, add a message and select a signer (the individual who is required to provide their biometric data to authenticate and approve the request).
- You can select one signer per request. Only active chat participants can be selected as signers.
- Signers can only approve a biometric request with their mobile device.
- Once the signer approves the request, a new message will be sent to the chat, along with a PDF certificate of the approval.
- Other participants can view the request but cannot approve it.
- A Butler notification will be sent to remind the signer to take action, and the requester will receive a notification indicating that the approval is pending.
- You can cancel a biometric approval request while it is still pending.
Send a biometric approval request:
- Open the chat where you wish to send a biometric approval request.
- In the input box click on the fingerprint icon.
- A modal will open. Type a message and select a signer. You can only select active chat participants.
- Click send.
- A new message will be sent to the chat with your biometric approval request.
- If you sent a request by mistake, you can cancel it while it is still pending.
- Both the staff requesting the biometric approval and the signer will receive butler reminders daily to take action.
Cancel a biometric approval request:
- To cancel a biometric approval request, click on the Cancel button in the message.
- A modal will open. Confirm you wish to cancel the request.
- The message with the request will be deleted.