Who can use this feature?
A biometric approval request is a secure and efficient method for obtaining consent or authorisation from a person, where the approval is confirmed using biometric data. Instead of traditional methods like signatures or passwords, biometric approval relies on unique physical characteristics, such as fingerprints or facial recognition to authenticate the user's identity. This ensures a higher level of security and reduces the risk of identity fraud or unauthorised access. Biometric approval requests are commonly used in digital transactions, document signing, and other sensitive processes that require an extra layer of verification and trust.
What to Expect?
- You will receive a biometric approval request within a chat thread.
- You can only approve a biometric request on your mobile device.
- To approve a biometric request you must have biometrics enabled on your device and you must give Qwil permission to use biometrics.
- All biometric approvals are authenticated by unique identifiers in addition to every user being already verified on the platform.
- Once you approve a request, all parties will receive a new message with your approval along with a PDF certificate of the approval. All within the same chat thread.
- You can also decline to approve a request. You will need to provide a reason for declining.
- Butler notifications will be sent daily to remind signers and requestors of the pending biometric approval request.
Sign a biometric approval request:
On mobile only:
- On the biometric approval request tap on Approve with biometrics.
- An action sheet will open. Tap on Approve with biometrics.
- Position your finger on the fingerprint reader or use Face ID by aligning your face with the camera.
- A new message will be sent to the chat with your approval along with a PDF certificate of the approval.
Decline a biometric approval request:
- On the biometric approval request tap on Decline to sign.
- An action sheet will open. You will need to provide a reason for declining.
- Type your reason and tap on Decline.
- A message will be sent informing the requester you declined to approve the biometric request along with your reason. Once you decline to approve a request you will no longer be able to approve it.